14 January 2014

MARSHMALLOW FLUFF



 I am the BIGGEST fan of marshmallow fluff but in the UK it costs a fortune and within a week it's gone. So I decided to come up with my own version and this way I could change the flavor and colour depending on what I wanted. This recipe has saved me a fortune! It also makes a decent amount which means you wont have barrels of it but just the right amount.Marshmallow fluff can be used for so many things, hot chocolate, cakes, whoopie pies or if your like me just off the spoon!


 

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup casting sugar
1/4 cup water
pinch of salt
3 medium egg whites
1/2 cup golden syrup
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla essence





METHOD
1. Make sure your eggs are at room temperature. 

 2. Add the golden syrup, salt, water and sugar to a pan and bring to boil.
 3. While your sugar mixture is heating up whisk your egg whites and cream of tartar together until it forms soft peaks.
 3. Add a small amount of the sugar mixture to the eggs and mix, this allows the egg whites to warm up and means they don't scramble.
4. Now slowly dribble in the rest of the mixture until it becomes thick and glossy. Add your vanilla and mix again. 

5. Your mixture is done when it resembles that of marshmallow fluff. Yum! But remember this is made out of egg whites and isn't cooked so it will only last a week and should not be consumed by women who are pregnant! Let me know what you think and please comment and share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment