If I crave something it is always something sweet, these thumbprint cookies are perfect for that, they are small but sweet and hit the craving right out of the park. They can be stored for up to five days and are so easy to make the kids will love them.
The biscuit is moist and the jam is the perfect sweetness, making these cookies a simple but delicious treat.
230g plain flour
180g unsalted butter
120g brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together your butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add your flour and vanilla and mix until combined into a dough.
- Take a tbsp of mixture and make into a ball, place on a tray covered in baking paper and repeat.
- Ensure each one is at least 2" apart as they do spread.
- Press your thumb into the centre of the dough to create a crater like shape.
- Fill with half a tsp of jam and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked remove and cool. The cookies may appear under cooked but they do harden once cooled.