Whenever I go over my Grandparents house for a cup of tea I always go straight for the biscuit tin simply because I know they contain my favourite biscuit in the world, the trusty McVities Hobnob! They are so delicious that I knew I had to try and come up with a recipe that was just as good, and after days and days of soggy, rock hard and inedible biscuits I finally did it! These biscuits taste just the same, and are so simple to make, they can also be stored for up to a week in your trusty tin.
150g caster sugar
150g self raising flour
120g rolled oats
150g unsalted butter
1tsp golden syrup
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 3 (170C/325F). Cover a baking tray in baking paper to stop sticking.
- Mix together your butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add your golden syrup and milk and mix.
- Add your oats, self raising flour and bicarbonate of soda. Mix together until it forms a dough, it will still be sticky.
- Roll into 12 equal sized balls and place on the tray, ensuring that they are not to close to each other as they do spread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, remove and allow to cool and harden.
- Keep in an air tight container or eat.