Muffins are perfect for messing around with flavour combinations, and these coffee muffins are perfect for that morning pick me up or just a sweet treat. They are moist and full of flavour and the coffee drizzle on top takes them to a whole new level. Who needs a coffee when you can have a coffee muffin!
280g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
65g cocoa powder
150g casting sugar
75ml vegetable oil
2tbsp coffee powder
1sp vanilla essence
100g chocolate chips
140g icing sugar
1. Preheat your oven to Gas mark 4 (180C/350F), grease your muffin tin with butter or you can use paper cases.
2. Sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and casting sugar.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together your eggs, oil, milk and 1 tbsp coffee powder.
4. Slowly add your wet ingredients to your dry and mix until smooth, then add your chocolate chips.
5. Fill your muffin tins to just below the top and bake for 20 -25 minutes until risen and cooked through.
6. Whilst the muffins are cooling whisk together your icing sugar, remaining coffee powder and a small amount of water until it forms a sauce. Dip your cooled muffins in to it and leave to dry.
So there you have it a dozen coffee muffins ready to wake you up!