5 November 2013

SIMPLE SPONGE WITH BLACKBERRY, COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE ICING


 A simple sponge with three yummy toppings all with different icing designs. So today I had it all planned, I was going to make bonfire night inspired cupcakes, I had my recipe worked out along with my decorations. The only thing I didn't have was my actual ingredients! My cupboards were bare, my plan was ruined and with my Tesco food shop being delivered this afternoon there was no point in me going to the shop to pick up some more stuff.
  Just when I was about to go off and cry it hit me! I have everything to make a simple sponge recipe and I have a load of frosting in my freezer, maybe today I will stick to the basics and do something a little more simple. So here you have my basic cupcake sponge recipe with a number of icing previously shown on my blog.
Makes 10
Takes 25 minutes
INGREDIENTS
225g self-raising flour
225g casting sugar
110ml vegetable oil
110ml milk
pinch of salt
2 eggs







 METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to has mark 4(180C/350F). Makes sure your eggs are at room temperature.
2. Sift together your self-raising flour, salt and sugar into your mixing bowl.
3. Add your eggs, oil and milk and mix together.
4. Keep mixing until smooth, then place in your cupcake cases to 3/4 full, place in the center of your oven for 20-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cool.

ICING
The three types of icing I used are coffee, chocolate and blackberry. Below are the links to these butter creams
Coffee: http://themessykitchenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/coffee-cake.html
Blackberry: http://themessykitchenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/blackberry-cupcakes.html
Chocolate: 125g unsalted butter, 300g icing sugar, 25g cocoa powder, dash of milk milk (Mix together)
Place in icing bags and use different nozzles for different effects.

1. For the coffee cake I just spread on the icing and make a small coffee bean out of fondant.
2. For the blackberry cupcake I used a wilton 1M which looks like a large open star.
3. For the rose I used a petal tip.

Hope you enjoy having fun with your cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment