25 October 2013

RED VELVET WHOOPIE PIES

 I have a feeling that I may have become a little bit obsessed with Whoopie pies as they are all I think about and all I want to make. They are just so moist and tasty, I think I am in love. Anyway enough with the drooling over Whoopie pies, here is my red velvet Whoopie pie recipe with cream cheese filling. Yum enjoy!

Makes 12
Takes 15 minutes


 INGREDIENTS
190g unsalted butter
190g brown sugar
320g plain flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk (milk and white wine vinegar)
1tsp Vanilla extract
1 egg
red food colouring


METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas make 5 (190C/375F) make sure your butter and egg are at room temperature.

 2. Mix together your brown sugar and butter until smooth, then add your egg and vanilla and mix through.
 3. Sift in your salt, flour, baking powder and cocoa mix, then add your butter milk and mix through.
4.  When fully mixed add red food colouring, I use gel as it doesn't make the mixture runny. 
5. Either place in a piping bag, snip the bottom and pipe onto a baking tray around the size of a walnut or use a cookie scoop.


ICING

 

INGREDIENTS
1tsp vanilla extract
225g cream cheese
450g icing sugar
110g butter
cornflour if needed to thicken
 1. Mix the butter and cream cheese together.
 2. Add your vanilla and icing until thick. If it doesn't thicken either add more icing sugar or corn flour.
There you have it, simple and easy red velvet Whoopie pies with cream cheese. Give it a go and let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment