15 August 2013

GIANT COOKIES

 So today was the Alevel results day and my brother and his girlfriend did really well and are off to university! I knew I was going to make them something but thought a cake would be a bit extreme so decided on massive cookies. They were super yummy and they loved them so success and it didn't mean I had to buy them extravagant gifts, success! The recipe I used was just for normal cookies but instead I made two massive ones, so if you just want to make small cookies then this recipe works to and makes around 12.

 INGREDIENTS
125g brown sugar
125g casing sugar
115g butter
2 eggs
280g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate soda
1tsp vanilla extract
bar of plain chocolate or chocolate chips.
(Anything else yummy you want in your cookies)


METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F), make sure your eggs and butter are at room temperature.
 2. Cut out two circles of baking paper and place inside two cake tins.
 3. Cream together your butter and sugars until nice and smooth.
 4. Cut up your chocolate into nice sizes for cookies.
 5. Add your eggs and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and whisk until well blended.
 6. Sift in your flour and bicorbonate of soda.
 7. Mix until well blended.
 8. Add your chocolate and mix until evenly dispersed
 9. Place in your cake tins and spread out to cover the whole tin, place in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on how gooey you want it. You may notice that it rises and when skewered feels like it is full of air, this is fine as it will sink when removed from the oven.
 10. Remove when golden brown and leave to cool for 10 minutes, the take out of the tins.

 11. I decided to make my own icing this is done my mixing together icing sugar and water until a thick paste then adding the food colouring you want. The james icing turned out pretty well but the Anya was a little runny but oh well it was my first attempt at writting with icing. Hope you enjoy the recipe and give it a go. If you like it let me know and share your images :)

No comments:

Post a Comment