8 November 2013

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

 Peanut butter cookies! Peanut butter is one of my favorite things and for month and months I have been trying to perfect this recipe, wanting the crunchy peanut but the soft texture, and finally I have done it. These giant peanut butter cookies are such a treat and the good thing is you only need one because they are so big. Trust me these have to be one of the best things I have ever come up with, I'm in love.

Give the recipe a go and let me know what you think. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

Makes 10
Takes 10 minutes

 INGREDIENT
 190g plain flour
110g casting sugar
90g brown sugar
210g peanut butter
3/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
115g salted butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
peanuts.


METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F). Make sure your butter and egg are at room temperature.
 2. Sift together your flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Put to the side.
 3. Mix together your butter, brown sugar, casting sugar and peanut butter.
 4. Add your vanilla extract and egg and mix again.
 5. Add your flour to the mixture and mix until it forms a dough, then add your peanuts.
 6. Using your hands make large balls about the size of a walnut, place onto a baking sheet, gently flattening a little. Make sure they are not to close otherwise they will blend together. Place peanuts into the top and bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and starting to crack on the top.
 7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Do not move them until cool otherwise they will fall apart.
8. For an extra treat drizzle with chocolate. These cookies are so simple yet so tasty. Try them and let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment