19 November 2013

COOKIE POPS

 COOKIE POPS! Kids love them and I do to. A simple chocolate chip cookie covered in 100s and 1000s on a stick, what more could you want. These are perfect for parties and are so different. At the moment I've got into the habit of taking my bakes into university to see what my friends think, this is good for me as it means I don't eat them all! I'm seriously struggling to balance out everything in my life at the moment, university is crazy, and I'm still not feeling, it's scary thinking that in less than a year I would have finished my education and be looking for a job! Anyone hiring? haha.

MAKES 12
TAKES 10 MINUTES

INGREDIENTS
130g unsalted butter
100g soft brown sugar
125g casting sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
230g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
100g chocolate cut up into chunks
100s and 1000s
12 lolly pop sticks





METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F) make sure your butter and egg are at room temperature.

 2. Mix together your butter and two sugars until lovely and smooth.
 3. Add your egg and vanilla extract and mix through.
 4. Sift in your flour and add your chocolate and 100s and 1000s until it forms a dough.
 5. Roll pieces of cookie dough about the size of a walnut, insert a stick into the middle of each ball then place on baking paper and press down slightly. Do not put to close together as they will blend.
 6. Bake for 10 minutes until they have spread and are lovely and golden, remember you don't want them to gooey as they wont stay on the stick. Allow to cool before picking up.
And there you have it cookie pops, how easy was that! These are so tasty and perfect for parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment