6 September 2013

BLACKBERRY CUPCAKES

 So it is almost the two month anniversary of 'The messy kitchen' and I thought as a thank you to all that have followed me, shared and Google + I would create some celebration blackberry cupcakes. Without you guys I would still be sitting on my sofa thinking about my dreams instead of living them. I started this blog to share my recipes and see if a baking career was for me and after two months and all your support I am now looking into setting up my own cafe in the future. So thank you :)

Makes 11-12
Takes 20 minutes

VANILLA CUPCAKES


INGREDIENTS
(These measurements are in cups not grams I'm afraid as it's a family recipe)
1 1/2 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup casting sugar
Pinch of salt

METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4(180C/350F). Place your cupcake cases in a muffin tin, make sure your eggs are at room temperature.
 2. Add your baking powder, casting sugar, plain flour and salt and mix together.
 3. Add your eggs, oil, milk and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix well.
 4. It should be runny and smooth.
 5. Place your mixture in your cupcake cases, fill almost to the top this gives them a good rise. Place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown and when a skewer is inserted it comes out clean.
 6. They should look like this, see how good the rise is.


 BLACKBERRY PUREE


 
INGREDIENTS
Punnet of blackberries
2-3tbsp corn flour
1 cup of sugar (depending on your preferred sweetness)
1. Add the sugar to your blackberries.
2. Add the corn flour to your mixture and mix through. 
 3. Mash your mixture until it is mushy, leave to chill.
 4. Using a knife cut a whole in your cupcake deep enough for a filling.
 5. Remove the lid and put to the side.
 6. Put your filling in.
 7. Place your lid back on.
 8. They should look like this. 

FROSTING 



INGREDIENTS

75g unsalted butter
1 cup of blackberry puree
300g icing sugar (depending on how your icing turns out.
Whole blackberries for decoration.

 METHOD
1. Make sure your butter is at room temperature. 
 2. Add all your ingredients and mix together until it forms a thick consistency and you are able to pipe.

 3. Add extra icing sugar if to runny add butter or blackberry puree if to thick. 
4. Pipe with your preferred nozzle and place a blackberry on top to finish it off.

 5. There you have some super yummy blackberry cupcakes, soft and melt in the mouth because of the blackberry filling. This is my special recipe and as a thank you to you all for your support I'm giving it to you. Enjoy and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment