Muffins are one of the best things to make if you are a beginner, all you basically do is combine all the ingredients, stick them in the oven and 20 minutes later out comes a perfectly cooked batch of muffins. With muffins you can also create some amazing flavour combinations, whether they be savoury or sweet.
With this recipe you can change it to your flavour preference, just take out the chocolate chips and add what you fancy, such as blueberries, the zest of a lemon, peanuts etc. Go crazy and create some of your own muffins.
200g plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
200g chocolate chips
115g unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled)
200g casting sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to gas mark 7 (425F/220C), Grease your 12 hole muffin tin using butter.
- Mix together your melted butter, eggs, vanilla essence and milk.
- Add your sugar, baking soda, baking powder and plain flour and mix.
- Add your chocolate chip and mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 holes, filling 3/4 full.
- Place in the centre of the oven for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to Gas mark 4 (350F/180C) for another 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Remove from the tin and enjoy!