After being away from blogging for almost a year I am so glad to be back. Making celebration cakes for a living was not only repetitive but people can be rude and I began to resent it. However now I'm back baking for myself I am so happy, my passion is back and I couldn't wait to get started.
I wanted to come back with a bang and I think these cookie and cream baked doughnuts did that. Deliciously moist chocolate and Oreo baked doughnuts, stuffed with an Oreo cream and topped with vanilla icing and crushed Oreo. Welcome to Doughnut heaven!
Box them up and give them to a doughnut fan as a gift, or just eat them for yourself.
Doughnut360g plain flour
40g cocoa115g Casting sugar
60g brown sugar
55g unsalted butter
50ml vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1tsp Vanilla extract
pinch of salt
6 crushed Oreo
300ml double cream
2tbsp icing sugar
4 crushed Oreo
350g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
1tbsp double cream
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 6 (200C/400F).
2. Grease your doughnut tin, either using butter or spray oil, if you don't have a doughnut tin you can use a muffin tin.
3. Mix together your butter and two sugars until smooth, then add your oil and your two eggs.
4. Add your baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, vanilla and salt.
5. Add you milk, cocoa and flour.
6. Place in your tins about 3/4 high, either use a spoon or a piping bag.
7. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until cooked through.
8. For the cream filling whisk your cream until thick, then fold in your crushed Oreo and icing sugar.
9. Place a small amount of cream into the center of the doughnut hole, if you used a muffin tray make a hole and fill.
10. For the Icing mix all the ingredients together until thick.
11. Dunk your stuffed doughnuts into the mixture, use a knife to spread around.
12. Cover with crushed Oreo.