17 January 2014

Snickerdoodles



This week has been so crazy with having to sort out what I'm doing after university, completing all my university deadlines and working on 'The Messy Kitchen'. My only release from this pressure at the moment is baking and blogging.

With less than 6 months left of education I really need to start sorting myself out and decide what I want to do in the future.




My realistic dream is to open up my own American diner in Swansea. But my unrealistic dream would be for The Good Food Chanel to pick me up and make me a baking blogging sensation, but the chances of that happening are one in a million.

 Baking and blogging is something that makes me happy and I love sharing my recipes and tips with everyone. 



This week to blow of some steam I decided to bake up some snickerdoodles, I came up with these a couple of months ago after finding the recipe in a cook book of mine. However I didn't like the texture of them so decided to come up with my own.

 After many failed attempts I finally came up with a recipe for the perfect snickerdoodle. Obviously being from the UK I don't actually know what a snickerdoodle is meant to taste of as we don't have them here, but after researching I think it's a pretty close match. 

Unfortunately I was meant to do a video for this recipe but my camcorder decided to break half way through so I don't have any pictures like usual. But I thought I would share it anyway.


INGREDIENTS
250g plain flour
90g butter
175g casting sugar
3tbsp granualted sugar
1tbsp cinnamon
1tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F)

2. Mix together your butter and casting sugar together until creamy

3. Add your egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth

4. Sift in your flour and baking powder

5. Mix together to form a dough, this should make around 20 snickerdoodles

6. Mix together your granulated sugar and Cinnamon


7. Roll your dough balls in the sugar mixture, place on a baking tray and slightly flattern

8. Bake for 12 minutes until cracking on the top

9. Remove and cool

No comments:

Post a Comment