So the past week I haven't uploaded many recipes, not because I haven't wanted to but because google+ is being a pain and wont let me post on communities and such apparently my posts violate their terms. Anyway this has caused loads of problems because I haven't been able to share my recipes with everyone. So today I decided to bake and upload one anyway, hopefully Google will sort itself out, if not it looks like 'The Messy Kitchen' will have to move to a different site.
Takes 20 minutes
280g plain flour
6tbsp vegetable oil
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp cocoa powder
115g casting sugar
pinch of salt
6 cubes of plain chocolate
6 cubes of white chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 6 (200C/400F). Make sure your eggs are at room temperature.
2. Sift together your flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a bowl.
3. In another bowl mix together your eggs, vanilla extract, milk and oil.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix through until smooth.
5. Divide your mixture between two bowls.
6. To one of the bowls add the cocoa powder and mix together. This mixture will become thicker than the other mixture.
7. Cut up your white chocolate to small chunks. Add to your plain cake mix.
8. Cut up your plain chocolate. Add to your chocolate mix.
9. Add one scoop of the plain mixture to the bottom of each case, then put a chocolate scoop on top, then a plain, then a chocolate until your cases are almost full. Like above.
10. Place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and risen, don't be tempted to open the door before the 20 minutes are up otherwise they will sink. Leave to cool or serve warm.
11. I love these muffins as they are so quick and easy if I have people coming over or just fancy a treat.
My university friends love them to as I always take the treats in!