8 October 2013

CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL CUPCAKES


At the moment with University and my lack of recipes I have noticed that 'The Messy Kitchen' hasn't been doing to great over the past few weeks, so today I had a day off, and decided to dedicate my day to 'The Messy Kitchen'. At the moment I am in the process of setting up my own website and I'm slowly getting the use of twitter, so hopefully these changes will improve it. I'm also looking into setting up my home business so any locals in need of some cake just contact me :)

 Makes 12
Takes 25-30 minutes


 INGREDIENTS
CAKE
70g unsalted butter
175g plain flour
250g casting sugar
55g cocoa powder
1tbsp baking powder
2 eggs
200ml milk
1/2 tsp salt
 METHOD
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F). Make sure your eggs and butter are at room temperature.
 2. Mix together your butter and sugar until smooth.
 3. Sift together your flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and then place into your butter mixture and mix through.
 4. Whisk together your eggs and milk.
 5. Mix the egg mixture into your flour mixture and whisk through, it will be thick and fluffy, try not to over mix as this will beat the air out and will give you less of a rise.
 6. Place cupcake cases into a tin and fill the cupcake cases 3/4 full, place in the middle of your oven for 25-30 minutes until risen and when a skewer is inserted it comes out clean.

CARAMEL SAUCE



  INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 unsalted butter
1tbsp plain flour
3tbsp cornflour
1tsp caramel extract



 1. Add all your ingredients to a pan on a low heat and stir until all melted.
 2. Then whisk and place in the fridge to cool and thicken.

3. When your cupcakes are done remove and cool.
4. Now for the filling, cut out the center of your cupcake.
5. Pour in your caramel sauce to just about the top.
6. Place the top back on and put to the side.
BUTTER ICING 




75g unsalted butter
300g icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
1tsp caramel extract



 1. unfortunately I got so carried away I forgot to take photos for the icing, but basically all you need to do it place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth, if to runny add more icing sugar, if to thick add milk. Then either spread on your cupcakes or be fancy and pipe it on.


2. These cupcakes were so tasty and such a luxury, give them a go and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment