Takes 80 minutes to bake
6 egg whites (weighed)
pinch of salt
Casting sugar (double the weight of egg whites)
Tub of double cream
1 lemon for zest and half juice
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180C/350F). Ensure that your eggs are at room temperature.
2. Draw around a cake tin onto baking paper to give you an outline to shape your meringue. Make sure you turn the paper over before placing your meringue mix on so that the ink doesn't transfer onto your meringue.
5. Slowly add one spoon at a time of your casting sugar, making sure it is well blended and glossy otherwise your sugar will melt when cooking and leave you with a syrup.
6. Now add your cornflour and vinegar, again ensure it is all mixed in. Your mixture should now be lovely and thick.
7. Transfer your meringue to your baking paper and shape to fit in your circle. Bake for 5 minutes on gas mark 4 and then turn it down to gas mark 1/4 (120C/250F) for 75 minutes.
And there we have it, a simple and yummy strawberry and lemon pavlova, it was so tasty and easy to prepare. Perfect for a summers day, give it ago, if my fussy family ate it all and loved it, then i'm sure you will to. Please comment and let me know what you think.